October 2 - First Sunday Service at Presidential Parkway!
3125 Presidential Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30340
What's the name of that Room?
- Our main gathering area to the left of the front door of City of Light is referred to as "Friendship Commons". There you will find a comfortable fellowship area with living room seating, high top tables, our giving kiosk for credit/debit card giving, a coffee bar and access to the restrooms.
- Our new banquet hall seating 160 in dinner seating is named the Rev. Troy Perry Hall, after the founder of the Metropolitan Community Churches worldwide and is located on the first floor by the main entrance.
- Our small chapel that seats 35 is just off the sanctuary and is named the Reid Christensen Chapel in honor of our former beloved Pastor who transitioned in 1997 due to cancer.
- Our two large adult education Classrooms on the second floor are named:
- Emerson Hall, named after our New Thought School for training Practioners, chaplains and ministers (with the orange copper pot colored wall in the classroom); and the Rev. Claudia Naylor Unity Hall (with the bright teal wall in the classroom). Unity Hall is named in honor of Rev. Claudia Naylor, our First Unity pastor at City of Light; and Dr. Angelo Pizelo Library is located in the heart of our office center on the second floor. This library is named in honor of the founder of the Emerson Theological Institute of which we are an extension school.
FYI: Here are some Tips to help you get
acquainted with our new facility
Handicapped Parking is now available at the side entrance to City of Light
No Food or Beverages in the sanctuary space (A bottle of water with a cap on it is acceptable. Thank you)
Hand towel dispensers in the restrooms work automatically when you place your hand under the red light, not in front of the red light.
Children's Programming is located on the 3rd floor in our "Children's Center"
A Snack area will be open in the future on the second floor just to the left when stepping off the elevator, offering vending machines for soft drinks, snacks and sweet treats.
You will find resource, hand outs, our prayer book and more at the resource center in the Friendship Commons.